Welcome to a one-of-a-kind adventure! In this article, you will delve into the fascinating world of Machu Picchu by train. From choosing the right train to the must-see details of the journey, we’re here to answer all your questions. Get ready to live an unforgettable experience!
Exploring the Wonder by Train: An Unforgettable Journey
If you’ve ever dreamt of discovering the majesty of Machu Picchu in a unique way, traveling by train is the perfect option. But before embarking on this exciting journey, there are some key things you need to know.
Why Choose Machu Picchu by Train?
Picture this: you travel through lush landscapes, crossing valleys and mountains as you head towards the lost city of the Incas. This train journey is not only comfortable but also offers breathtaking views that will leave you breathless.
The mysterious charm of Machu Picchu intensifies when arriving by train. The anticipation of the journey adds a magical touch, allowing you to fully enjoy the experience before reaching your destination.
Machu Picchu by Train: An Unforgettable Adventure
As you embark on this journey to the Inca Citadel, you’ll immerse yourself in a trip full of excitement and wonder. Have you wondered about the best way to get there? PeruRail and Inca Rail trains are outstanding options that offer unique experiences for all travelers.
Discovering PeruRail: Exploring Travel Options
When it comes to traveling to Machu Picchu by train, PeruRail stands out for its variety of options for all tastes. From the Vistadome, which provides panoramic windows to enjoy Andean landscapes, to the Expedition, which combines efficiency and comfort, PeruRail has something for everyone. But the crown jewel is the Hiram Bingham, a first-class experience that blends history with elegance, offering high-quality gastronomy as you cross the mysterious paths to the ancient Inca city.
The trains offered by PeruRail are as follows:
- EXPEDITION: It is the most comfortable train in the tourist category. It has air conditioning and reclining seats with shared tables. It has luggage racks and 4 onboard bathrooms. The windows are panoramic on the upper part. It is a good economical option to appreciate the landscape during the journey. Available for routes such as Ollantaytambo – Machu Picchu – Cusco.
- VISTADOME: This tourist train has large panoramic windows to enjoy views from a superior perspective. Its cars have a transparent roof to observe the mountains and the sky. It offers a bar and snack service on board. It has 2 bathrooms per car and individual tables with leather seats. Available on routes such as Cusco – Machu Picchu – Poroy or Cusco – Pachar.
- VISTADOME OBSERVATORY: An upgraded version of the Vistadome, maintaining the same amenities and panoramic design but with more space and privacy. The seats are also wider and have footrests. It has restaurant cars and an observatory with a transparent roof for stunning views of the stars or snow-capped mountains. Operates on the Cusco – Machu Picchu – Cusco route.
- HIRAM BINGHAM: It is PeruRail’s ultimate luxury train, offering exclusive onboard services on its Cusco – Machu Picchu – Cusco route. The interior design of its cars is elegant, with noble wood decorations inspired by Peruvian styles. It includes gourmet cuisine and signature dishes by renowned chefs. It has an open bar of pisco, wines, and premium spirits throughout the journey. The seats are very spacious leather armchairs. This world-class train accommodates only 38 passengers to ensure maximum comfort and personalized attention to each guest.
Inca Rail: A Sustainable Journey to the Past
Inca Rail presents itself as another outstanding option, committed to sustainability and cultural authenticity. With service classes like First Class and Executive Class, Inca Rail offers a comfortable journey through the spectacular Andean landscapes. Additionally, the company strives to provide personalized and authentic experiences, ensuring that each traveler enjoys an unforgettable journey.
The trains offered by Inca Rail are as follows:
- The Private: It is an exclusive private train for groups of 2 to 18 people. It allows customization of decoration, meals, and drinks on board. It has a panoramic view of the Andean landscape and onboard WiFi. Luxurious interiors with spacious seats and handcrafted works by local artists.
- The First Class: It has 4 first-class cars with 97 available seats. It offers the highest level of service with 2 luggage rooms, a private bathroom, and free WiFi. Snacks, regional drinks, and Peruvian cocktails are served. Its wide windows ensure stunning views.
- The 360: It is the only train in its category with 360-degree cars, allowing passengers to see the landscape from any angle without missing any detail. It has 52 leather seats and bar-style tables for easy sighting.
- The Premium & Lounge: It is the high-end category with three lounge-style cars. It has an outdoor balcony with spectacular panoramic views. It serves signature cuisine and an open bar of unlimited premium liquors. Only 32 seats are available for maximum exclusivity.
- The Voyager: It is an economical train with 4 cars and a capacity of 84 passengers. It has 4 bathrooms, free luggage, and WiFi. Its interiors preserve the rustic and traditional essence of the area with beautiful Andean touches. It has shared tables for 4 people.
Exploring Machu Picchu by Train: Tips and Recommendations
Plan Your Train Trip to Machu Picchu in Advance
Before getting excited about boarding the train, make sure you have planned all the details. From ticket reservations to choosing the type of train, early planning ensures a seamless experience.
Choose the Right Train for Your Adventure
Finding the ideal train depends on your preferences and budget. From the comfortable Expedition to the luxurious Belmond Hiram Bingham, each option offers a unique experience. Research and choose the one that suits your needs.
Enjoy Scenic Views from Your Window
Throughout the journey, panoramic views will accompany you. Ensure you get a window seat to make the most of the Andean landscapes. Don’t forget your camera to capture unforgettable moments!
Eat Well During the Journey
Trains to Machu Picchu usually offer onboard food options. However, bringing some healthy snacks with you is always a good idea. Stay well-fed to make the most of your day at the Inca wonder.
Explore Machu Picchu with Local Guides
Hiring a local guide at Machu Picchu will add an extra layer of knowledge to your experience. Learning about the history and hidden details of this place will allow you to appreciate it to the fullest.